Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
One particular patient I remember, we'll call him Jim for the sake of his privacy and so I don't get myself sued, passed away a few days ago. The last time I saw Jim, his very capable wife was tellling him she loved him and smothering him with kisses.
It's the most feared disease in the U.S. right behind cancer.
5 million men and women in the country have Alzheimer's.
"If we fail to cure Alzheimer's disease in the years and decades to come,
we are facing an enormous increase in human suffering." -
J. Hodges, MD
I don't know where I'm really going with this, I just want to spread the word. I know a lot of people who know at least one person with Alzheimer's. For those of you who are touched by a friend or family member with Alzheimer's, there are a few websites you can visit to learn more and even donate to Alzheimer's research, to get started visit this website:
p.s. I will cure it someday!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
10. for aqua teen hungerforce, futurama, king of the hill, the venture brothers and many other animated comedies.
9. for healthy but also tasty snacks
8. for my fluffy pillows
7. for my financial stability
6. for my awesome job
5. for the sweet kitten that I shared 19 years of my life with
4. for my supportive friends and family
3. for my loving husband who would do anything for me
2. for the opportunity to be sealed to my love forever
1. for the idaho falls temple, the nearest temple to us.
1. that it's an hour and a half away. This is Idaho! Not the Czech Republic. Geez.