Sunday, November 21, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
We made an appointment with a vet for him for thursday at 5pm. decided he was too sick to wait that long so we went in at 10am.
He had lost 20 lbs since he got sick
He wasn't keeping anything down.
He was mauled by a badger a week ago! odd, eh? thats what we get for living in the middle of nowhere. Thank heaven it is not rabies. thank you thank you thank you heaven.
The vet told us he had canine parvovirus. Something that he should have been vaccinated for. Big mistake, on our part.
She also said he only had a 50% chance of pulling through this.
(this is a picture of Spaghetti hooked up to his IV drip. Good practice for a nurse in training, eh? I want to be a Veterinarian now)
but 1 nausea shot, 1 antibiotic and 2 IV's of ringer's lactate and he's doing much better.
I think he'll pull through.
relief relief relief
post script... get your puppies vaccinated and save yourself hundreds of dollars and lots of grief in the future. I wish we had been smarter about it.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Something I'm proud of in the last few days... well, not to brag or anything, but I got 92.4% on my first nursing exam! woohoo! I don't know how I did it. I think all the anxiety I feel taking tests makes me perform better. Go me! Nursing school is off to a good start!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
1) STUDY! Hit the books! Because I have academic standards to live up to now! no more barely passing! I will be the most knowledgeable!
2) Stop eating fast food. Because it's turning my flat tummy into a pooch.
3) Exercize more. Because I need endorphins. And hotness.
4) Show my husband I love him every day. Because he deserves it.
5) Be more goal oriented. Because that's all I can think of for now.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
the lovely ladies at Nature's Knockout.
They save me lots of money. And make me healthier. And prettier.
(this is my dad when he was on his mission in Spain [circa 1980] next to a spanish monk. Did you know these guys aren't allowed to be in the same photograph as women? Monks, not missionaries...)
My Dad. No question. In an attempt to make up for all my failures, I have spent the last half of my life fulfilling only one purpose... To make my dad proud. If it weren't for him I don't know where I would be. Probably homeless. And definitely on meth. Also, I'm not ashamed to say that my choice in husband was strongly influenced by who my dad is.
Since I love my daddy so much I will add another picture of him and I dancing on my wedding day.Yay!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
this is going to be kind of gross, but maybe admitting I have a problem is the first step to recovery.
I pick at zits like crazy! Not just my zits but josh's zits, sister's zits, friend's zits. It's out of control! It's so bad that I probably need to see a psychotherapist about it.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
So on to day two...
The reason for my blog name is simple. I couldn't think of anything else. I tell Josh that I "luv lub jub" him. And since CrabPeople was already taken I decided to go with LuvLubJub. I might change it soon now that it is called to my attention.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Hm, this is going to be harder than I thought. I don't have time for this! Ok here we go...
1) I have 4 brothers and 5 sisters.
2) half of those siblings are actually my cousins, but our bond is much stronger than blood.
3) I live to dance!
4) I live in the middle of nowhere, aka Arbon, Idaho. The closest civilization is a 50 minute drive away.
5) I have seven cats and two dogs and two bunnies and three horses and 4 cows!
6) Josh and I still argue about our first girl's name. He wants it to be Anabelle (no reason, he just likes it) I want it to be ..... wait, I'm not going to tell. I don't want it stolen. But I'll just let you know that it was my great grandma's name.
7) I would prefer to spend all of my time in Newport, Oregon. It's my happy place.
8) I've always been very geeky. I love computer games. Right now I'm obsessed with Oblivion.
9) I love photographs, they are very sacred to me.
10) My favorite color is diamond.
11) My favorite place I've ever been is St. John's, U.S.V.I.. Trunk Bay, specifically. I would reccomend going snorkeling here if you are an avid fish lover. It is the most beautiful place I've ever been. And it has an underwater maze of sorts.
12) I've never had a cavity! Thank you Dad, for force feeding me flouride and brushing my teeth for me to make sure they were plaque free until the time I was 16. Am I kidding? I don't want to say.
13) My dad also made me wear sunscreen every time I left the house. He almost disowned me when he found out I went to a tanning salon. I was very pale up until about two years ago.
14) I am POWER HUNGRY! RAWR!
15) I really should be working now... so goodbye
(#1 above all these... I love Joshua Perkins!)
Anywho, I stole this perfect list to keep me occupied from Cassie who in turn stole it from Claire. Yay! I can't hide my enthusiasm! I refuse to blog on weekends so my schedule will look like this:
Day 1 (8/23) - A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 2 (8/24) - The meaning behind your Blog name
Day 3 (8/25)- A picture of you and your friends
Day 4 (8/26)- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 5 (8/27)- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 6 (8/30)- Favorite super hero and why
Day 7 (8/31)- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 8 (9/1)- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 9 (9/2)- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10 (9/3)- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11 (9/6)- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12 (9/7)- How you found out about Blogs and why you made one
Day 13 (9/8)- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14 (9/9)- A picture of you and your family
Day 15 (9/10)- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
Day 16 (9/13)- Another picture of yourself
Day 17 (9/14)- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18 (9/15)- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19 (9/16)- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
Day 20 (9/17)- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Day 21 (9/20)- A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22 (9/21)- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23 (9/22)- Something you crave for a lot
Day 24 (9/23)- A letter to your parents
Day 25 (9/24)- What I would find in your bag
Day 26 (9/27)- What you think about your friends
Day 27 (9/28)- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28 (9/29)- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29 (9/30)- In this past month, what have you learned
Day 30 (10/1)- Who are you?
Thursday, August 19, 2010
I am so lucky I have a blog to distract me from responsibilities!
I start nursing school monday
I'm working like crazy. crazy crazy.
I read the first Twilight book.
(Yes, I will comment more. It was compelling but full of cheap thrills. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully commit myself to loving a tweenage romance about vampires. I'm too old for that! Also, I am Bella and Josh is Edward.)
I saw "The Velveteen Rabbit" at Barnes and Nobles for cheap and I bought it and read it to Josh. He loved the story.
I was reading Dr. Suess books at 2 years, 9 months of age. (I R GENIOUS. JEEEEENIOUS. GENIOUS.)
Apparently I have like a million Chinese followers. I don't know how they found me. But thank you, chinese people, for commenting over and over and over in a language I do not comprehend.
We're poor! But at least we're not this poor:
(This is a house that I drive past every day on my way to Idaho Falls (the I.F.). It's just after mile marker 98 while northbound on I-15 (In Blackfoot, ID. Make sure you say that with a drawl. Also, this is potato capitol OF THE WORLD! Also, meth capitol). Apparently they needed more room in their house but didnt want the trouble of adding walls and such so they just knocked down a wall and attached a camper to the side. Every time I see it I laugh like this: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
I got pulled over on my way to I.F. for going 5 over. The cop dropped my registration and had to chase it about a quarter mile down the freeway. I think he was only going to give me a warning until he saw me laughing.
Lastly, for those of you who I do not speak to on a daily basis. I am El Presidente of the practical nursing program at Idaho State University. How, you ask? Why, nobody else was dumb enough to volunteer :D
GO TEAM MANDEE!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Also, red meat consumption should be limited to 18 oz a week. This one is hard for me, seeing as how Josh and his family raise beef and we get it for free. But carcinogens are produced when you cook red meat and it has high amounts of iron, which when consumed excessively will raise your risk of colon cancer.
Also, although I suspect most of you know this, avoid processed meat. Ham, bacon, hot dogs. Chemical preservatives in these types of meats are also linked to cancer.
High fiber diets can significantly reduce your risk of cancer as well. Eat whole grains and LOTS of fruits and veggies to stay healthy!
If you follow these guidelines you can reduce your risk as much as if you quit smoking.
Usually I wouldn't share stuff like this, but cancer is no fun (understatement) the few cancer patients I've had have inspired me to do all I possibly can to reduce my risk. So, moral of the story is:
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
it said: "science is not for you....!"
(the bacteria colony really grew like that with no manipulation from me at all, promise! I was trying to do this:
crazy staphylococcus epidermidis do what he want!)
Thursday, February 25, 2010
9) NOT going to school and being a bum
8) warm weather
6) my feet staying clean every time I get in/out of my car (Country living = MUD! YUCK!)
5) Having lots of money to blow
3) my friends in Salt Lake
2) my family in Salt Lake