Monday, July 28, 2008

That dress cost more than my car

I was able to attend one of the preliminary nights of Miss Utah this year. And this, ladies an gentlemen, was the winner of best evening gown:


I mean, sure she's skinny and pretty and walks well. But shouldn't like, half her points be deducted for wearing chocolate mousse on tinfoil? I didn't realize culinary clothing was allowed.



Jill Stevens, Miss Utah 2007, and I

I did get to shmooz with some big names that night. This is Jill Stevens (some of you may recognize her from all the national guard magazines - she was their poster girl for the year) and I am on the right wearing the tiara. Haha psych I'm the less shiny one on the left.

7 comments:

us said...

How cool! I bet that was a blast.

Cassie said...

That dress is sparkled divinity.

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

bah. the dress IS ugly.

Cassidy Meine said...

Why don't you just throw an expensive dress and some shimmer on and be Miss Utah??? You could totally pull it off!

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

problem: you can't be married.

another problem: I dont have $5000 to blow on a dress!

Noell said...

Ahh bummer for your friend - totally messed up that it comes down to the hight of your heels, but I guess it is a beauty pageant. Can't believe that is Jill, she cleans up at least from her article in the military magazine she was in last month, I think the girl on the left is pretty shiny though and I bet Jill doesn't have a chance in the talent department compared to that girl's dancing shoes! Take care girl, looks like your having some fun!

Jen said...

haha, I was told about this. Thanks for the laugh :)