Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First entry! dun dun dun

So as most of you know, Josh has been deployed. He's not in Afghanistan yet. He's in Washington now at Fort Lewis for his pre-deployment training. He has officially been deployed for 37 days now so that means his deployment is 10% over. Yay! It has been going by very fast, but sometimes I think I took everyones advice too seriously and made myself much more busy than I can handle. All I do is work, school, and homework. I get the occasional gym visit in there and sometimes I even get to play WoW, but not as much as I would like.

On to the story for the day. I was supposed to fly up here to see Josh today, but after finding out how busy he would be we decided to fly me in on Sunday. It was the best decision we have ever made (besides the marriage thing). We got to spend all day and night together on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I was the happiest I had been since he left.


We spent the first night in the army lodging here in Fort Lewis. The hotel was surprisingly nice. It was bigger than our last home. We ordered pizza that night and spent it together in our hotel.


The next day we went to rent a car. Thats right ladies, I am now driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse! It's a 2008 and everything. We've already put more miles on it than it started with. It's Bee-yooteeful and I wish I could take it back to Utah with me.


After getting our car we took a trip to the city of reefer madness and the most boring large city around, Seattle! We walked around the whole city, Space Needle and all and found nothing to do. We would have gone up on the space needle but it was rediculously expensive. We asked around and the hotel concierge reccomended going to New Orleans, a music and dinner place in the Pioneer District. It took us a while to find it but we gave a bum two nickels and he directed us right there. We also polled some (and by some I mean 1) Seattle-ite, and turns out everyone in Seattle does smoke weed. Anywho, here is a picture of us in New Orleans eating our Rochambeau and Gumbo.


As much as I wanted to stay with my lover in a 4 star hotel forever, we had to leave eventually. So here is a picture of Josh packing up our stuff on the left and the view from the hotel room on the right.












I figured since I would never return to this forsaken city, that I should take a picture of the space needle before I left. So here it is:


That's all I have for today. I plan on going to the beach tomorrow. I won't be able to go with Josh though because he has to stay on base. I will also take a picture of our lovely Eclipse.

2 comments:

Kristin LaBruzza said...

I'm glad you are doing a blog. It's cool to see what you guys are up to since I never see you. That looks like an interesting trip. Also a lot of fun.

Cassie said...

I don't think you were looking for the right things to do in Seattle...
I have never been there- but often dream of doing so. Like daily. Hum...