Tuesday, June 10, 2008

OKLAHOMA where the wind comes sweeping through the plains

ROAD TRIP 2008:

Allen and Maria got married in Lawton, OK. It was the day before he graduated basic training. We drove there. Wish we hadn't. I hate airline ticket prices.

We left around 7pm on Sunday the 7th, drove for about 7 hours then stayed in a shady motel in Cortez.

I had the privilege of sharing a bed with Katee and Joey that night. If any of you think you sleep with a bedhog, you should appreciate your bed-mate. I was sleeping in the middle of them and when I came back from using the bathroom Katee had gone from smothering me to smothering Joey.



Just waking up and smelling Joey's breath.

Rohaan and Joey. They are BFF.

We went to four corners and here is a picture of me bartering with the Injuns. This time I paid them much more than the shiny bead they gave me was worth.

Joey, my full time photographer, yelled "Blue steel!" at me, and so as not to disappoint my fans, I gave them what they wanted. Thats Eric on the left and my Daddy on the right.


If I punch you from another state can you still file assault charges? Notice Rohaan punching towards the camera. He's such a glory hog.

Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico stink so I stayed on the utah side while I ate my five dolla snow cone. Ok it was really 50 cents, I would NEVER pay that much money for sugar-ice.


Napping in four states. The ground was so hot I had burns afterwards.

The inevitable happened: We got a flat tire.


This is me swearing when I realized we had a flat tire. Notice you can see me starting to form the letter "F". Don't worry, no children were in the car.


Waiting for our tire to be fixed. Joey wanted in my car so I made him earn it by making sad faces against my glass.


Katee finds shade wherever she can. It was over 100 degrees.


And this is the only picture I got while driving through Albequerque. Why? It was nothing special.

So that was day 1 and 2 of our trip. I'll work on day 3 and on when I feel like it. Might take a while. I'm pretty lazy.

1 comment:

Noell said...

Mandy you even make a 7 hour road trip look fun! No wonder you and i had such a good time going back and forth to Ft Lewis. I love Joey's sad faces pressed against the glass! Now that I know you can share a bed with two other people your not getting off scott free with Bridger and I next time! Miss hanging with you sis!