Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sit alone and talk, and watch a hawk makin' lazy circles in the sky


So the trip is pretty much documented by now. I have some pictures from the drive home of New Mexico's plateaus, but they're pretty BORING. So on Saturday (day 6) Allen had the whole day off and we went to a BORING wildlife refuge. We saw nothing for miles except for this marker. Joey got out of the car and started flapping in the wind.

BORING!



So I took a picture of it.





And Eric came by to get in on the fun too. I think that platform was made for picture taking.



We tried to get Katee to do a basket but she cannot balance on her tailbone.




Then we went to the visitor's center/museum on the premises. They displayed grass.


BORING!




And we saw a snake! Oh wait, not a real snake. BORING!




Eric ate the snake.



Let me apologize for this picture. I had to post it, because it will humiliate him. But man, Eric brings out the worst in me.




We went hiking after the museum and found a millipede!





Eric ate it. Or at least made it look like he ate it to gross Joey out.




A huge green dragonfly! I couldn't get a focused picture of it.




The newlyweds and Allen's new mother-in-law.



He was hoping after he kissed it, it would turn into his prince and they would live happily ever after. I laughed so hard when the only thing that happened was he started hallucinating. KIDS! DON'T LICK TOADS!




Arg, I will apologize for these also. Remember my boredom passer? I took like 50+ pictures of myself.




Shoulda done my hair beforehand


Leave me alone



I'm dreamin of Josh.



This was the only scenic Oklahoma I saw.

But I have to admit it was very pretty.



American Bison, the state mammal.





Long-horned something. I dunno go look it up if you're that curious.




Lizard!




After the refuge we went to a park while Allen and Maria said goodbye. These ducks attacked me. Good thing i'm so much bigger than them and can run fast.



I made friends with this prairie-dog!


And he stole mah crackah dagnabbit!



The drive home on Route 66. It was nothing spectacular.


So there you have it. my whole trip to Oklahoma. It's a good thing my family is fun or else I woulda been bored outta my mind. I just don't have the imagination to make it fun, people.


Oh yes. I am miss negativity for 22 years and counting.

No comments: