Wednesday, August 5, 2009

i need your HALP

Josh and I are getting puppies. But not just any puppies. Puppies that we are going to love and squeeze and snuggle and coo at and call POOPPIES because that's just much more cute.
Josh is pretty dead seat on getting a male Rottweiler. Who can blame him when they're this adorable?


But I have yet to make up my mind on what breed I want to get. I'm partial towards yellow labs. The only problem is they're way too lovable and snuggable. Problem, you ask? Why is that a problem? Well, we live in the middle of nowhere and the only neighbors we have are a bunch of stinking coyotes. They are vicious creatures and will maim any poor unsuspecting lovable lab in their way. I am still considering a lab, because I can always keep him safe (with my big mama bear biceps and chain link cages). Plus, look how cute they are! I am left in snuggle mode just by looking at this picture



Option number 2: German shepherd. This might be what I end up getting. Really cute as puppies and good with the livestock on our ranch. I don't know much about them and don't have a lot of experience with them so if you have horror stories/happy stories about them to sway my opinion, please share. In the mean while oggle at how precious dese wittwe guys awee....

awwww


Some other breeds I'm considering are huskies, samoyeds or golden retrievers. I just can't decide. Oh and by the way, once I saw this giant fluff ball of a dog in the back of a convertible. He was huge and furry and kind of looked like a giant samoyed. any help in identifying this breed would be appreciated, as I would do anything to get my hands on one. Thank you.

1 comment:

Noell said...

We went through the same dog decision making process and decided to go with the german shepherd. WOW! I will never think of another breed again, our girl Baja was amazing... amazingly snuggly, amazingly obedient and intelligent and amazingly intimidating :-) loved that one. Gotta go for the Shepherd! You just have to make sure no matter what you find good lines.

My terribly happy list - totally inspired by Taz! Love it!
I'll take some pics of you this Thursday! Sure thing, we are driving to OR and would love to stop by if it works for you guys!